Tuesday, February 10, 2004

LuLu Walks!
LuLu took her first steps yesterday. I had been sitting down with her on the floor and held her arm's length from me and encouraged her to stand on her own. Once she felt comfortable and balanced, I took my arms away and she stood there for a few seconds before making the three steps back to me. She was so proud of herself -- grinning from ear to ear. We had her do it a few more times to reinforce the muscle memory, but she soon stopped trying as she was way overdue for a nap. We'll try some more today.

In Four news, last night, I had a meeting to set the 2004 budget for our neighborhood civic association. As I was leaving, I said goodnight to Four and reminded him to be a good boy for mommy. He assured me that he would, and said, "Have a good time!" I thought that was very compassionate for a 3 1/2 year old. Maybe some of our efforts ARE starting to pay off.