Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I did end up getting sick after the last post. So, I'm throwing up, M is just barely finished with throwing up, and Four's got a doctor's appointment at 6:50 PM. I managed to keep it together enough to convince M to have LuLu stay home with me. Good thing. Let's just say there was a mess.

Today was a good day. We ended up at the pharmacy -- antibiotics for Four's ear infections. We went to the grocery store next door while waiting to get a few things. The kids we really good. Four actually sat in a cart even though they have the "customer-in-training" carts at this store as well. We all got naps today. M came home and everyone, esp. LuLu, was happy to see her. Dinner relatively uneventful. Four and LuLu played with some trains after and M and I got to chill for a bit. Then came tub-time. LuLu, still on cloud 9, was all smiles getting ready for the tub. She is getting so big. She found her reflection in the windows by the tub, and would smile and point to it. I found myself getting all soft and mushy. Looking at my little baby turned chubby toddler, tears came to my eyes and the words to a Billy Joel (not necessarily a fan -- but who hasn't heard this song?) song ( mp3) came into my head:

This is the time to remember
'Cause it will not last forever
These are the days to hold on to
'Cause we won't, although we want to


The overall meaning of the song is a bit different, but this part seems relevant. Don't forget today!