Thursday, February 12, 2004

Can't, Won't, and Don't Stop!
One more thing: Four is playing with a stretchy lizard that we got on a recent visit to the Academy of Natural Science. He wrapped the tail around one of the drawer pulls in the kitchen. He told me that, the lizards in the jungle hang like this, except when they see something they want to eat, then "they can't, they won't, and they don't stop!" This is a Four-ified version of a Beastie Boys song* ( mp3) that I get in my head sometimes, but haven't for quite some time. Children's memory is amazing. I was practically on the floor laughing.

Even with experiences like Tuesday's playgroup incident, which I haven't found the courage and/or perspective to write about yet, I wouldn't trade my job for anyone's.

*Note: before I get admonished about the lyrics in the song, the children don't listen to it, I do. And when I sing it (and unfortunately for anyone nearby, dance) it is because of these words:


I Want To Say a Little Something That's Long Overdue
The Disrespect To Women Has Got To Be Through
To All The Mothers And Sisters And The Wives And Friends
I Want To Offer My Love And Respect To The End


Sometimes you take the bad with the good. I like the message above. Peace.