Wednesday, December 08, 2004

File under: Funny things they say

Yesterday, I was trying to help my wife find an outfit for this holiday party to which we've been invited. I ended up on the Banana Republic website -- remember when BR was safari-inspired clothing? They've come so far around that their name and its connotation has little if anything to do with their apparel. I guess if ain't broke, don't fix it. Anyway, I digress, Lulu saw this image, pointed and said, "Mommy!"

Today, I was on my isp's portal page and they had an article about the House voting on the Intelligence bill. The image accompanying the article was an image of the Capitol Building. LuLu points at it and says, "Nonna's house." Sorry LuLu, Nonna and Pop-pop's house is nice, but certainly much, much, more modest.

The other day, Four, LuLu, and I were eating lunch together. We'd had a busy weekend and we were all visibly tired. I started talking about all of us taking naps after lunch. I was really making a great case for the benefits of naps, and thought I was making some real progress, when Four turns to me and says, "Dad, I'm not a big fan of sleeping."

One day this weekend, Four came into our room before sunrise. He starts cuddling in our bed, we start trying to talk him into going back to his bed, when he climbs up on M, gets right in her ear, and whispers, "Mommy, do you want to watch the sun come up with me?" Who can resist that. The two of them ended up at the window in the hall bath waiting for the sun.

No comments: