Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Capisce?

For some time now, I have been asking Four, "Capisce?" (italian for "Understand") when discussing things and trying to gauge his listening and understanding. We've coached him to answer, "Capisce." when he gets it. Yesterday, I was speaking to LuLu about some behavior type thing, now I don't even remember what it was, but I asked her, "Do you understand?" She replied, "Aah-peesh." I was floored by her ability to put the two together. She's at such a fun age in terms of both physical and language development.

Well, most of the time it's fun. Tonight at dinner, she kept saying, "I don't want that" before she even got in her chair. Then, she was excused early after she and her brother kept saying "Yucky" after I had worked to make a pretty nice meal. They didn't really mean it, they just got a bit out of control. Four actually did quite well, eating raw leaf spinach and enjoying it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say that to my daughter (2 1/2ish) as well. And the other night she says "Mama, milk." and I wasn't responding fast enough so she grabs my face and says "PEESH?"

I don't have an account and just started reading some dad blogs today. Enjoying what I am seeing.

RRH, NYC